Moringa For Life Growers and Educators Certification Course
We are happy to be able to offer these scholarships. Our first year of courses, we awarded 10 scholarships. This provides the opportunity for participation that might not otherwise be possible. The scholarship covers the course only. There are additional charges for lunch and for the course workbook which totals $70.00.
One full scholarship is awarded to non-profits for each course session. The organizations who apply are those who have their own vision for Moringa and plan to stay with the program through certification. The course completion is only one part of that certification process (See below for the full requirements for each certificate). The attendee shall be a principle from the organization or farmer who will be certified. Priority will be given to those organizations with a current Moringa project or plans for one. The additional charge of $70.00 for lunch and course workbook shall be paid when the participant accepts the scholarship.
Two 50% Scholarships will be awarded to students who qualify. They must be currently in a study, research or farm project. The areas of study would be in the areas of: Soil Biology, Environmental work, Agriculture, Urban Farming, Farm Education, Nutrition, or other related subject areas. The additional charge of $70.00 for lunch and course workbook shall be paid when the student accepts the scholarship.
Answer the following questions and email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
1. If applying for Non-Profit Scholarship, what is your current title/position in your non-profit?
2. If applying for a Student Scholarship, what is your current institution and field of study?
3. Are you currently working with a Moringa project? If so, tell us about it. Explain what kind of assistance you need.
4. Please tell us in your own words how you found out about Moringa and your plans to utilize the course information for you Moringa path.
5. Please check____ if you could not attend without the financial assistance the scholarship provides.
6. Indicate which Certificate you are interested in. You can list multiple if it applies.
7. Which course session are you able to attend?
Thank you for your interest in our Moringa Certification Program
Moringa Grower’s Certification Program
- Complete the Moringa Grower’s Certification Program, 5 -Day Intensive
- Conduct a Moringa Growing Project implementing permaculture and soil science principles.
- Produce Moringa samples that are then tested in a US Microbiology laboratory.
Once the Lab test shows that The Moringa is pathogen and mold free and exhibits the characteristic color, smell and taste, The Moringa Quality Assurance Certificate is awarded.
Moringa Educators Program:
1.Complete the Moringa Grower’s Certification 5 – Day Intensive.
2.Conduct two Moringa Presentations using the Moringa Power Point from the Moringa Course adding your own slides from Moringa projects
Once completed and verified, the Moringa Educators Certificate is awarded.
1.Complete both of the Moringa Growers Certification Courses, San Diego location and tropical location
2.Be willing to travel to remote areas to help set up Moringa Farms, work on Moringa certified grower’s Moringa projects
3.Be willing to travel to inner-city areas to set up Urban Gardens, assist in the Moringa Growers Intensives.
Once you have completed any combination of two projects, the Moringa Corps Certificate is awarded.
Moringa Certified Trainers Program
1.Complete The Moringa Growers Certification 5 – Day Intensive, San Diego location and the tropical belt.
- Apprentice conducting both trainings.
- Demonstrate growing Moringa using the principles of the course. This does not have to be your own farm. It could be from apprenticing on the Moringa For Life Farm or other Moringa project.
- Produce a final Moringa Leaf Powder for testing
Have training and/or experience in one of the following: Permaculture, Soil Science, Intentional Communities, Work in Rural/Farm, Restorative agriculture, or the like.
Once these requirements are met, the Moringa Certified Trainers Certificate is awarded.